Grilled Lamb Kebabs with Sauce
ready in 55 min.
- For the sauce
- 1 ½ cups unsalted Peanuts
- 2 tablespoons Peanut oil
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 piece fresh ginger (approx. 2 cm, finely chopped)
- 1 red chile pepper (deseeded and finely chopped or sliced)
- 1.333 cups Coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Palm sugar
- 4 tablespoons Peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- Lime juice
Lightly toast the peanuts in a frying pan without fat, then roughly chop. Heat the oil in the frying pan then fry the shallot, garlic and ginger. Add the chilli and pour in the coconut milk. Add the peanuts, vinegar, sugar and peanut butter, stir well and reduce over a moderate heat for around 5 minutes until thickened and creamy. Finally stir in the mint and season to taste with salt and a dash of lime juice.
Thread the lamb onto skewers. Whisk together the honey, sambal oelek, lime juice, oil and soy sauce and brush over the meat. Fry on a hot barbecue, turning, until delicately pink. Arrange the skewers on plates with the peanut sauce. Serve on banana leaves if desired.