for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 Eggplant (sliced)
- 1 red Bell pepper (seeds removed, cut into strips)
- 1 green pepper (seeds removed, cut into strips)
- 4 cups ground lamb
- ⅔ cup Bouillon
- 2 cups canned chopped Tomatoes
- freshly ground Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Heat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) 400°F gas 6.
Heat the oil in a pan and gently cook the onion and garlic until softened but not browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the aubergines and peppers to the pan and cook until lightly browned and starting to soften. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the lamb to the pan and quickly brown, stirring.
Pour in the bouillon and cook until almost evaporated. Add the tomatoes. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir in the oregano and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
Arrange the aubergine and the peppers in a round baking dish so they overlap. Add the lamb mixture, onions and garlic.
Cook for 35-40 minutes until piping hot and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.