Curried Cucumbers with Pork
- 750 grams Braised Cucumbers
- 400 grams Pork tenderloin
- 1 walnut-sized piece, fresh ginger
- 1 garlic
- 200 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon each, coriander powder and ground Cardamom
- 1 dried chile pepper
- 250 grams Long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can Pineapple
- 1 bunch parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Rinse cucumbers, peel and cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds with a tablespoon. Cut cucumber halves again lengthwise and cut into 1 cm (approximately 1/2-inch) thick pieces. Cut pork into thin strips. Peel the ginger and garlic and chop finely.
Mix vegetable broth with cornstarch and white vinegar. Stir in cumin, coriander, cardamom and finely crushed chile pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil in a saucepan while stirring and boil briefly.
Cook rice according to package directions in salted water. Heat oil in a pan. Sauté meat, ginger and garlic while stirring. Remove meat from pan and deglaze with soy sauce.
Drain pineapple slices. Cut pineapple rings into eighths. Add cucumbers to the pan and stir-fry briefly. Add pineapple and let stand for 5 minutes.
Rinse parsley, shake dry, pluck off the leaves and chop finely. Add meat to vegetables in the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the parsley. Serve cucumber curry with rice.