Creamy Thai Broth
9,7 / 10
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (peeled and finely sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely sliced)
- ¾ inch Galangal (finely sliced)
- 1 stalk Lemongrass (bruised)
- 3 Curry leaves
- 2 Lime leaves
- 1 red chile pepper (finely sliced)
- 1 ⅔ cups Coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Chicken breasts (skinned and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro (chopped)
Chicken Galangal Curry Reduce the liquid by half and serve over white rice as a curry
Heat the oil in a pan and sweat the onion and garlic without colouring.
Add the spices and cook for a few minutes until the scent is released, then pour in the coconut milk and stock.
When simmering, add the chicken pieces and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
Season the soup with the fish sauce and lime juice and serve sprinkled with coriander.