Creamy Thai Chicken Broth
8,7 / 10
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (peeled and finely sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 red chile pepper (finely sliced)
- 3 Chicken breasts (skinned and cubed)
- 2 teaspoons Tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 1 ⅔ cups Coconut milk
- 1.333 cups chicken stock
- Lime juice
- ½ bunch cilantro (finely chopped, stalks reserved)
Chicken Coconut Curry Reduce the liquid by half and cook until thickened for a traditional curry
Heat the oil in a wok or large pan and fry the onion until deep gold and sweet.
Add the garlic and chilli and cook out for 2 minutes. Add the cubed chicken and allow to colour on all sides.
Stir in the tamarind and fish sauce, then pour over the coconut milk and chicken stock and add the coriander stalks.
Lower the heat and leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Adjust the seasoning and stir in the lime juice and chopped coriander just before serving.