Creamy Rutabaga Soup with Bacon and Pumpkin Seeds
- 450 grams Rutabaga
- 250 grams Pumpkin (such as Hokkaido)
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 800 milliliters Vegetable broth
- freshly ground peppers
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 100 milliliters Whipped cream
- 80 grams Bacon (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons toasted Pumpkin seed
- fresh parsley (for garnishing)
Rinse and peel rutabaga and pumpkin and chop coarsely. Peel shallots and chop finely. Heat oil in a large pot, saute shallots until soft, add vegetables and cook together briefly. Add vegetable stock and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
Puree soup and season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and lemon juice. Add cream and reheat. Heat butter in a pan and saute bacon until crispy. Pour soup into preheated bowls, top with bacon and garnish with pumpkin seeds and parsley. Serve.