Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- For the peanut sauce
- 150 grams unsalted, shelled Peanuts
- 200 milliliters Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Peanut butter
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3 tablespoons Whipped cream
- For the satay
- 4 Chicken breasts (about 160 grams or about 6 ounces each)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 centimeter ginger (finely grated)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 pinch Cumin (ground)
- 1 pinch cilantro (ground)
- 2 tablespoons Light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- freshly ground peppers
- For preparation
- 12 Wooden skewers (soaked in water)
For the peanut sauce, toast the peanuts lightly in a dry pan, allow to cool, then finely crush in a mortar.
Heat the coconut milk and peanut butter in a small saucepan, add the crushed peanuts and lemon juice. Stir well and add sugar to taste. Add just enough cream so that the sauce is creamy, then remove from the heat.
For the satay, cut the chicken fillets into thin strips about 2 cm (approximately 1 inch) wide.
Mix the remaining ingredients into a marinade, pour over the meat strips and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Remove from the marinade and thread onto wooden skewers. Cook for about 8-10 minutes on an oiled grill, turning occasionally.
Brush with the marinade occasionally during cooking.
Arrange the skewers on a platter and serve with peanut sauce.