Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- For the chicken satay
- 4 Chicken breasts (about 160 grams each)
- 2 garlic
- 1 small red Pepperoncini (seeded, finely chopped)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- Cumin (1/4 tsp, crushed)
- cilantro (1/4 tsp, crushed)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- freshly ground peppers
Cut chicken breast fillets into 2 cm wide (approximately 3/4 inch wide) strips.
To make marinade, mix remaining ingredients together. Pour marinade over chicken and let marinate a few hours. Remove chicken from marinade and let drain. Thread chicken in a wavy pattern onto 8 wooden skewers. Grill, occasionally brushing with marinade and turning, about 8 minutes. (Alternately, fry in hot oil.) Serve skewers with peanut sauce.
To make peanut sauce: Roast peanuts in a dry pan until fragrant. Let cool, then finely crush in a mortar and pestle.
In a pot, bring coconut milk, peanut butter and curry to a boil. Stir in crushed peanuts, lemon zest and juice. Season with sugar and stir in cream until sauce is smooth.