Chicken, Bacon, and Pesto Grilled Sandwich
ready in 35 min.
- 1 handful fresh Basil (rinsed and shaken dry)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled)
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 5 Tbsps good-quality olive oil (divided)
- 4 slices canadian bacon (roughly chopped)
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts (110 g | 4 oz each)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 balls Buffalo mozzarella (drained and cut and thinly sliced)
- 2 ripe Tomatoes (rinsed; trimmed and sliced)
- 4 Burger buns (split; grilled or toasted)
- 4 Lettuce (rinsed and dried)
- 4 Tbsps Mayonnaise (may substitute your favorite condiment)
Preheat oven to 200° F.
Chop the basil leaves and garlic cloves. Combine the chopped basil, garlic, salt, pepper and 4 to 5 tablespoons of olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until thoroughly blended; set aside.
Cook the Canadian bacon in a grill pan until golden and heated through. Transfer to ovenproof dish and keep warm in preheated oven.
Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add about 1 tablespoon olive oil to the grill pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through.
Spread mayonnaise or your favorite condiment on the bottom of each bun, cover with lettuce, tomato slices, chicken, Canadian bacon, and mozzarella slices. Sprinkle pesto over the top and cover with bun top.
Serve with french fries if desired.