8,5 / 10
ready in 1 hr 6 min.
- 6 ⅔ cups small potatoes (scrubbed; halved or quartered according to size)
- 2 red chili peppers (halved, seeded and sliced into thin strips)
- 2 onions (peeled and cut into wedges)
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 slices Bacon
- 1 cup canned Kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup Canned Corn (small) drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
Preheat oven to 400º F. Position oven rack in the middle.
Place the potatoes, pepper slices, and onion wedges in an 8 x 12-inch roasting pan. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Place bacon slices on top of potatoes.
Bake for approximately 30 to 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are done, turning the potatoes on occasion.
Mix in the drained beans and corn; continue cooking for another 5 to 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a skillet. Gently crack the eggs into the skillet and cook over low to medium heat until done. Season the eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the fried eggs on top of the potato mixture. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.