Bami Goreng Indonesian Stir Fried Noodles
ready in 30 min.
- 12 ozs Rice noodles (or egg noodles)
- 1 handful sugar Snap pea (blanched)
- 1 red Bell pepper (rinsed; trimmed and thinly sliced)
- 4 cups Bok Choy (cleaned and roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 16 ozs boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
- 16 shrimp peeled and deveined (tails intact)
- Peanut oil (for frying)
- 2 Tbsps Sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 1 tsp Sambal oelek
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- fresh cilantro (or parsley)
How healthy are the main ingredients?Chicken breastBok Choygarlic clovesalt
Cook the noodles according to package directions and drain well.
Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut the chicken into bite-size strips.
Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the garlic, chicken and shrimp; stir-fry until chicken is golden brown on both sides and the shrimp turns pink and opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Slide the chicken and shrimp to the side and reduce heat slightly. Add the peas and bell pepper and stir-fry until tender crisp, about 2 minutes.
Add the bok choy, noodles, sweet soy sauce, sambal oelek and season with salt and pepper. Toss well with the chicken, shrimp, peas and peppers; stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until heated through.
Divide between serving plates. Garnish with cilantro or parsley. Serve hot or cold.