Artichoke and Bell Pepper Pizza
- For the dough
- 150 grams Quark (approximately 5 ounces)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 250 grams Pastry flour (approximately 9 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- For the topping
- 800 grams tomatoes (approximately 28 ounces)
- 2 garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 80 grams black Olives (approximately 3 ounces)
- 1 yellow Bell pepper
- 8 Artichoke hearts (from a jar)
- freshly ground peppers
- 50 grams grated pecorino romano (approximately 2 ounces)
For the dough: Miz quark and oil. Mix flour, baking powder and 1 pinch of salt and mix with the quark mixture. Knead into a smooth dough. Cover and refrigerate for 30 min.
For the sauce: Blanch tomatoes for a few seconds, then remove from water. Peel, quarter, core and dice.
Peel garlic, chop finely and sauté in 2 tablespoons oil. Add tomatoes and oregano and sauté over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Simmer.
For the topping: Rinse peppers, remove seeds, and dice. Drain artichokes and cut into quarters. Mix remaining oil, salt and pepper.
Roll the dough into a circle on a flour-covered surface and place on a greased baking sheet. Form a crust around the edges by leaving them a little thicker.
Pour the tomato sauce onto the dough. Place bell peppers, olives and artichokes around the pizza and sprinkle with Pecorino. Bake in a preheated convection oven (220°C - approximately 425°F) for 20 - 25 minutes.