8,7 / 10
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground cilantro
- ½ tsp Mustard seed
- ½ tsp Fenugreek seed
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 2 cloves
- 1 large onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 red chili pepper (deseeded if preferred and chopped)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 4 cloves garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 large potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2.333 cups Cauliflower
- ½ cup peas
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 1 ⅔ cups Coconut milk (optional) or vegetable stock
Heat the oil in a pan and cook the whole spices until they start to pop.
Add the onion and chillies and cook until golden, stirring regularly. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add the potatoes, cauliflower, peas and 100ml water and stir well. Leave to cook for 5 minutes. Add the saffron and coconut milk or vegetable stock (depending on whether you prefer a creamy curry), season and leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Adjust the seasoning and serve.