White Fish Casserole with Broth
9,0 / 10
ready in 6 h. 40 min.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 yellow pepper (sliced)
- ½ small Pumpkin (peeled and diced)
- 2 inches fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups Cod (cut into chunks)
- 1 cup canned Sweet corn (drained)
- 1 cup peas
- thyme (chopped)
- freshly ground Black pepper
Substitute the vegetable stock for fish for an added boost of seafood flavour.
Combine the oil, onion, garlic, peppers, pumpkin, ginger, stock, and seasoning in a slow cooker.
Cover with a lid and cook on low for 6 hours until the vegetables are tender.
Add the cod, sweetcorn, and peas and cook on high for a further 15 - 20 minutes until the cod flakes easily.
Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve with a garnish of thyme.