Gourmet White Fish Casserole
9,7 / 10
ready in 45 min.
- 2 onions (diced)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 red chili pepper (chopped)
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 Tbsp ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp ground Turmeric
- 1 Vanilla bean (slit open lengthways)
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 cups canned, chopped tomatoes
- ½ Lime (juiced)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 18 ozs White fish (skinned, ready-to-cook, cut into 8 pieces)
- 8 King prawn (ready-to-cook)
- fresh cilantro (chopped, to garnish)
Fry the onions, garlic and chilli in a pot or a large pan in hot oil. Add the cumin, turmeric, vanilla pod, kaffir lime leaves and the tomatoes. Season with salt, lime juice and ground black pepper and simmer for around 10 minutes on a low heat.
Add the pepper and the fish, cover and cook on a medium heat for around 8 minutes. Add the prawns, replace the lid and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Season to taste and serve garnished with coriander.