White Bread Filled with South African Curry
- 400 grams predominantly waxy potatoes
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic
- 6 sprigs cilantro
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 400 grams Ground beef
- 2 Star anise
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 Cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons ground Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 generous pinches cayenne pepper
- 2 generous pinches Garam Masala
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 300 milliliters Beef broth
- 2 small white bread (loaf)
Rinse the potatoes and boil in salted water for about 25 minutes. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
In the meantime, peel the onions and garlic and cut into strips. Rinse the cilantro, shake dry and finely chop the leaves.
Melt the butter in a saucepan and brown the ground beef until crumbly. Add the onion, garlic and spices and continue to fry while stirring. Stir in the tomato paste and pour in the broth. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
During this time, peel and chop the potatoes.
Cut the bread loaf in half and scoop out the center.
Add the potatoes to the curry and season with salt. Pour into the bread and serve garnished with fresh cilantro.