Veggie Spanish Omelette
ready in 35 min.
- 8 eggs
- 2 Tbsps half and half cream (or whole milk)
- salt (to taste)
- coarse freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 0.333 cup Gruyere (cut into cubes)
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 clove garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 small, green chili pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 small, yellow chili pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 large, ripe Tomato (peeled; seeded and diced)
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
Preheat broiler to high heat. Adjust oven rack about 5-inches from heat source.
Whisk, eggs, half-in-half, salt and pepper together; stir in cheese and set aside.
Heat oil in a 10-inch non-stick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add onion and peppers and saute for about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add diced tomatoes, stirring to incorporate.
Pour the egg and cheese mixture on top of the vegetables. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the bottom is almost set. Using a wooden spatula lift the frittata so any unset egg can travel to the base of the hot pan. When just set on the bottom, slide skillet under the broiler and cook for 3 to 4 minutes to set the top. Center should be slightly moist and runny when cut with a knife.
Remove skillet from broiler and let stand for approximately 4 to 5 minutes, until eggs are fully set. With a rubber spatula loosen frittata from skillet. Check seasoning and adjust if necessary. Garnish with fresh parsley. Slice into wedges and serve.