- 1 small Eggplant (cut into small cubes)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 5 Tbsps hulled Sunflower seed
- ½ red Bell pepper (cut into tiny cubes)
- ½ yellow Bell pepper (cut into tiny cubes)
- 1 carrot (cut into tiny cubes)
- 3 scallions (finely chopped)
- 3 eggs
- 6 Tbsps quick-cooking Oats
- vegetable oil
- freshly ground peppers
- 3 Tbsps finely chopped parsley
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a skillet and saute the eggplant over medium heat. Add the garlic, cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the eggplant is soft, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and let cool.
In a bowl, mix the eggplant with the peppers, sunflower seeds, scallions, parsley, carrot, oatmeal and eggs, let stand 5 minutes. Add the breadcrumbs by spoonfuls, stirring until the mixture is firm enough to shape, season with salt and pepper.
Heat 4-5 tablespoons of oil in a skillet, shape the vegetable mixture into patties and cook the patties on both sides until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately. If desired, serve with a green salad.