- 750 grams starchy Potatoes
- 1 bunch Soup vegetables (carrot, leek, parsnip)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Allspice berries
- 1 Clove
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable broth (Instant)
- 100 milliliters Whipping cream
- 150 grams cooked Ham (in one piece)
- fresh Tarragon (4-6 stalks)
Scrub, peel and chop the potatoes. Rinse and finely chop the soup vegetables. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the potatoes and vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the spices, vegetable broth and 1 liter (approximately 4 cups) of water. Simmer for about 20 minutes on low heat.
Remove approximately 4 tablespoons of cooked vegetables and potatoes from the pot and set aside. Remove the spices. Puree the remaining vegetables and potatoes in the broth. Pour in the cream and let everything boil again. Mix and season with salt and pepper.
Finely dice the ham. Rinse the tarragon and finely chop the leaves. Add the ham and tarragon to the vegetable soup and serve.