- 4 Steak fillets (each 200 grams, about 4 cm thick)
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Peanut oil
- 4 tablespoons Whiskey
- 30 grams Butter
- 150 milliliters Whipping cream
- 125 grams Creme fraiche cheese
- sprinkle of Worcestershire sauce
- sprinkle of Lemon juice
- Lemons (and herbs of your choice, for garnish)
Season steaks with salt and pepper. Heat peanut oil in a pan. Add steaks and fry 2 minutes per side over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and continue to cook steaks 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove steaks from the pan and wrap in aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Deglaze drippings with whiskey. Stir in butter, cream and crème fraîche. Simmer 3-5 minutes. Season with Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Remove steaks from the foil and stir accumulated juices into the sauce. Serve steaks with the sauce. Garnish to taste with herbs and lemon.