Spicy Noodle Salad in Container
- 8 ozs Rice noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsps Rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tsp Chili oil
- 5 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 175 cups Snow peas (mange tout or sugar snaps)
- 1 stick Celery (sliced)
- 2 Red onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- 2 red chili peppers (seeds removed & cut into rings)
- 1 unwaxed Lime (cut into wedges)
- 1 cup Bok Choy
- 5 Tbsps chopped, unsalted, roasted Peanuts
- To serve
- chopped, unsalted, roasted Peanuts
Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package. Drain and place the noodles in iced water to cool. Drain and set aside.
Whisk together the sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, chili oil and olive oil.
Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet (frying pan) and cook the snow peas, celery, onion and zucchini until just tender. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
Mix the vegetables and noodles with the sesame oil mixture and divide between 4 boxes.
Add a spoonful of peanuts to each box. Scatter over the chili rings. Add the lime wedges, pakchoi leaves and basil leaves to the boxes. Serve with extra peanuts.