Spicy Meat Stew
- 4 tablespoons Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground Cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 onions
- 1 green Bell pepper
- 800 grams Ground beef (lean)
- 1 can chunky tomatoes (750 grams)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (420 grams)
- 2 cans Kidney beans (420 grams); drained)
Mix chile powder, cilantro, cumin, dried garlic, oregano and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
Peel the onions and finely chop. Rinse the bell pepper, cut in half, trim and cut into pieces.
Place the ground beef in a nonstick frying pan and cook until brown. Drain the excess fat in a colander. Then fill in the crock pot and sprinkle the prepared spice mixture as well as the diced vegetables over it. Add in the chunky and diced tomatoes and the beans and cover. Allow to cook on a low heat for 6-8 hours.
Stir occasionally and season again before serving. Season to taste with green chile rings as garnish.