Spanish Rice Dish
8,3 / 10
ready in 1 hr 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 scallions (sliced into rings on the diagonal)
- 1 red pepper (finely diced)
- 1 ⅔ cups short grain rice
- ⅜ cup dry white wine
- 2 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 2.333 cups mussels (cleaned, any open ones discarded)
- 1 ⅔ cups Prawn (peeled and deveined)
- 2 cups fresh Green beans (cut into 2 cm lengths)
- 4 ripe tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 ⅔ cups Chorizo (cut into bite-sized pieces)
Heat the oil in a large, high-sided pan and fry the spring onions and pepper. Add the rice and deglaze with the wine. Pour over the stock, stir in the saffron and cook over a moderate heat for 20-25 minutes.
Ten minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the mussels, prawns and beans. Stir, place a lid on top and leave to cook through.
Finally, add the tomatoes and chorizo, stir well and season with salt and ground black pepper. Serve in the pan.