Spanish Rice Dish with Lemon
8,6 / 10
ready in 3 h. 45 min.
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 9 ozs Chorizo (peeled and sliced)
- 4 Chicken thigh (trimmed and scored)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 large Red pepper (sliced)
- 1.333 cups Paella rice
- Saffron (infused in the stock)
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 4 small vine tomatoes (cored, seeded, and diced)
- 2 cups fresh peas
- Dill (chopped)
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges)
- freshly ground Black pepper
Heat the oil in a casserole dish set over a moderate heat until hot. Add the chorizo and fry for 3 minutes until golden.
Remove from the dish and drain on kitchen paper. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, and then brown in the oil.
Add the onion, garlic, red peppers, and chorizo to the dish. Fry for a further 2 minutes, and then stir in the rice.
Cover with the infused stock and stir well. Cook until simmering before transferring the contents of the dish to a slow cooker.
Cover and cook on a medium setting for 3 hours until the rice is tender. Stir through the tomatoes and peas and cook uncovered for a further 10 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving with a sprinkle of chopped dill and the lemon wedges on the side.