Sole Rolls with White Wine Sauce
- 6 Sole fillet (about 100 grams)
- room temperature butter (for the steamer)
- 1 organic lemon (Juice and zest)
- 1 shallot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Pastry flour
- 200 milliliters dry white wine
- 100 milliliters fish stock
- 100 milliliters Whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon scallions
- Chives (for garnish)
Rinse fillets, pat dry, and cut each in half (you should have 12 pieces). Roll up each piece and place in a buttered steamer. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with a little lemon juice. Cover and steam over a pan of boiling water, 8-10 minutes.
For the sauce: Peel and finely chop shallots. In a pan, cook shallots in 1 tablespoon melted butter until translucent. Sprinkle with flour, sauté briefly and add wine. Add fish stock and simmer gently, about 5 minutes. Puree sauce with an immersion blender. Stir in cream and simmer until slightly thickened. Stir in the remaining butter and lemon zest and mix until foamy. Do not allow sauce to boil.
Arrange sole fillets on plates and top with sauce. Sprinkle with chopped chives and garnish each plate with a few whole chives.