- 24 Wonton or Spring roll dough sheet (frozen)
- 1 bunch Chives
- 250 grams Deep sea crab (frozen)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 80 grams Water chestnut
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 grams Glass noodles (cooked)
- 1 small chili pepper (red)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (dark)
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Fish sauce
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Rinse the chives, shake dry and set 24 long pieces aside to bind the dumplings. Cut the rest into small rings, along with the scallions. Peel the shallots and chop finely. Peel the garlic cloves and cut into very thin slices. Heat the butter in a pan and fry the shallots, scallions and garlic. Add the shrimp and season with the soy, oyster and fish sauces. Add the chives and the noodles, season again and set aside to cool.
Lay the thawed pastry side by side on damp toels, and place a spoonful of the cooled filling in the center of each. Gather the corners together and bind with a chive.
Heat the oil in a wok or deep fryer and fry the dumplings in batches until golden brown. Serve with sweet and sour sauce or other dip as desired.