Seared Tuna on Rutabaga
- 750 grams Rutabaga
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons red Bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 100 milliliters Whipped cream
- 150 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tuna steak (about 150g)
- coarsely ground black peppers
- fine Sea salt
Peel the rutabaga and cut it into very small cubes. Peel the onion, chop finely and sauté in butter. Add the rutabaga and sauté. Pour in the broth and cook until al dente (the liquid should be almost completely evaporated). Stir in the diced peppers and the heavy cream and cool slightly.
Rinse the tuna steaks and pat dry. Place the coarsely ground pepper in a small bowl and press the edges of the tuna steaks into it, coating the edges in pepper all the way around. Quickly sear the tuna in hot oil on both sides (the inside should still be raw).
Season the vegetables with salt and balsamic and stir in the parsley. Season the tuna steaks with sea salt and seasoning, serve on the warm rutabaga. Serve garnished with lemon zest, to taste.