Scallops with Tropical Fruit and Citrus
88 / 100
ready in 55 min.
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- ¾ inch fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp red Curry paste
- 1 ⅔ cups Coconut milk
- ⅔ cup fish stock
- 1 ripe Papaya (peeled, pitted, flesh cut into wedges)
- 4 cups Scallop (ready-to-cook, removed from shells, chopped)
- cayenne pepper
- Lime juice
- 3 sprigs mint (leaves chopped)
Fry the onions and ginger in 2 tbsp oil. Stir in the curry paste and the stir in the coconut milk and the stock. Add the spices and simmer on a medium heat for around 10 min.
Add the papaya and the scallops and season with salt, cayenne pepper and lime juice. Simmer for another 10 min on a low heat until thick. Stir in the mint leaves, season to taste and serve in bowls.