Salad with Red Lentils and Smoked Tofu Chips (Vegan)
- 300 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 400 milliliters Orange juice
- 250 grams red Lentils
- Vegetable fat (for frying)
- 300 grams Smoked tofu
- 150 grams mixed Lettuce (such as lettuce, Batavia)
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- freshly ground peppers
- 2 Apple (Granny Smith)
- 1 handful Alfalfa sprouts
Bring broth and orange juice to a boil. Pour in lentils, cover and cook about 8 minutes at a low temperature, stirring occasionally. Drain lentils and let cool.
Heat oil in a frying pan, cut tofu into thin slices and fry until crisp. Rinse lettuce and spin dry. Mix lentils with vinegar and olive oil, season with sugar, salt and pepper. Rinse apples, cut in half, remove seeds and cut into thin slices. Arrange salad as a bed on plates, arrange lentils, apples and tofu on top, sprinkle with sprouts and serve.