Salad with Asparagus, Eggs and Edible Flowers
- 400 grams white Asparagus
- 150 grams Oak leaf lettuce
- 1 handful baby Stinging nettle
- 1 handful Watercress
- 1 handful Dandelion greens
- 1 mild yellow onion
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon medium hot Mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 5 tablespoons sunflower oil
- For garnish
- Edible flowers (such as daisies, dandelions. elderflower)
Peel the asparagus and cook the spears in boiling water with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon sugar about 20 minutes to a slight bite. Rinse in cold water and cut into 2-3 cm (approximately 1 inch) long pieces.
Rinse the salad and herb leaves, shake dry, pluck and tear smaller.
Peel the onion and cut into thin rings. Serve with the prepared salad on plates. Peel the eggs, cut into quarters and place with the asparagus on the salad.
For the dressing, mix the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, parsley and oil. Season with sugar and salt to taste and drizzle over the salad.
Serve garnished with the edible flowers.