Roast Squash Slices with Greens and Pomegranate
ready in 55 min.
This delicious vegetarian dish is packed with beta-carotenes, a powerful antioxidant, as well as fiber and vitamins.
Pair this dish with brown rice.
Author of this recipe:
all recipes of this author
- 6 Tbsps Pomegranate juice
- 1 ½ Tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsps Red wine vinegar
- 7 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps butter (divided)
- 1 medium Acorn squash (unpeeled and cut into 24 wedges)
- 8 cups Dandelion greens (leaves cut into 2-inch lengths)
- 1 ½ cups Pomegranate seed
- ¼ cup Pine nuts (toasted)
Preheat oven to 450°F. Whisk pomegranate juice and vinegars in bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Re-whisk before using.
Melt 2 teaspoons butter in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/3 of squash wedges. Cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer squash wedges to rimmed baking sheet. Repeat 2 more times with remaining butter and squash wedges. Sprinkle squash with salt and pepper.
Transfer squash to oven; bake 20 minutes.
Mix greens, pomegranate seeds, and pine nuts in large bowl. Toss with half of dressing. Divide among plates; top with squash. Drizzle with dressing.