Roast Squash with Wild Rice Filling
This dish contains a full day's worth of vitamin A, which supports a healthy immyne system and healthy bones.
Serve this roasted sqaush with a simple side salad for added vitamins and minerals.
- 1 ⅛ cups Wild rice
- 2 medium Butternut squash (halved and seeds removed)
- 5 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 large Red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1.333 cups Mushrooms (chopped)
- ⅜ cup Red wine
- 2 Tbsps chopped thyme
- 4 Tbsps honey
- 2 Tbsps finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup fresh, white breadcrumbs
Heat the oven to 400ºF. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions for about 40 minutes or until it is just tender.