8,5 / 10
6 h. 40 min.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 Chicken drumstick (cleaned and trimmed)
- 3 ¼ cups carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 4 white potatoes (peeled and cut into large wedges)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon mild Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
Suggested variation; add 30 g / 1 oz / 2 tbsp dried apricot halves and 30 g / 1 oz / 2 tbsp flaked almonds to the slow cooker halfway through cooking.
Coat the chicken drumsticks with the oil and season generously. Heat a large casserole dish over a moderate heat until hot. Seal the chicken until golden brown in colour all over.
Transfer to a slow cooker once sealed and reduce the heat under the dish. Add the vegetables, ground spices, honey and seasoning. Stir well and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Spoon into the slow cooker and cover with the stock. Cover and cook on a low setting for 6 hours until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are soft.
Adjust the seasoning to taste before spooning into serving bowls. Serve immediately.