Mixed Seafood Patties with Japanese Sauce
ready in 1 hr 18 min.
- 4 cups white fish fillets (e. g. cod, roughly diced)
- 1 ⅔ cups Crabmeat (from a tin, drained)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsps freshly chopped cilantro
- white breadcrumbs
- Lime juice
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 5 Tbsps Mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Wasabi
- 8 Mini Burger buns
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 handful salad (e. g. sorrel or rocket, torn into small pieces)
- Chives (to garnish)
Mince the fish and crab meat fairly coarsely in a mincer. Mix the garlic, shallot and coriander leaves into the fish mixture, and add enough breadcrumbs for the mixture to be able to hold its shape. Season to taste with salt, lime juice and ground black pepper and form into approx. 8 small burgers. Cover and chill for approx. 30 minutes.
Fry the burgers in hot oil for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Mix the mayonnaise and the wasabi together. Cut the buns in half and toast if desired. Spread some wasabi mayonnaise on each bottom half and place a tomato slice and some salad on top. Place one burger on each bottom half and spread with the remaining mayonnaise. Garnish with chives and serve with the burger lid on top or leaning against it.