1 hr 20 min.
- 5 cups Lamb shoulder (for braising, diced)
- 2 Tbsps Oil
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 ½ cups Beef broth
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 1.333 cups potatoes (boiling, cubed)
- 1.333 cups Sweet potato (cubed)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 2 bay leaves
- freshly ground peppers
Cannot be frozen
Fry the meat in hot oil until browned on all sides. Add the onions and the garlic and pour in the broth.
Bring to a boil then simmer for about 30 minutes. Add all the vegetables and bay leaves and simmer for a further 45 minutes.
In the meantime make the dumplings. Mix the flour, egg and thyme and add enough milk to form a dough. Season with salt and freshly grated nutmeg.
Use a teaspoon to form tiny balls, then place in boiling, salted water and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Season the stew with salt and pepper and serve with a few dumplings.