Herbed Chicken with Sauce
6,7 / 10
- 4 Chicken legs
- 0.333 cup white wine
- ⅔ cup chicken stock
- 2 sprigs fresh Tarragon (for garnish)
- ⅔ cup double cream
- 2 Tbsps Tarragon (chopped)
- freshly ground Black pepper
- ½ cup red Rice (cooked according to packet instructions)
- ½ cup white Basmati rice (cooked according to packet instructions)
Pre heat the oven to 180°C | 350F | gas 4.
Place chicken legs on a baking tray. Sprinkle salt over the chicken legs and rub, making sure both sides are covered. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper
Bake for 30-40 mins until cooked through and no longer pink.
Meanwhile, prepare the tarragon sauce by placing the stock, wine and the sprigs of tarragon in a saucepan and bringing to the boil. Reduce the liquid by approximately a third.
Stir in the cream, and bring back to the boil. Allow the sauce to reduce a little and then remove the sprigs of tarragon.
Add the fresh chopped tarragon and adjust the seasoning to taste. Keep warm to one side.
To serve, spoon the sauce over the chicken legs and accompany with a mixture of red and white rice.