Sausages with Herbed Potato Sauce
6,8 / 10
ready in 55 min.
- 250 grams starchy potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 Juniper berries
- 400 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 4 small Blood sausages (about 100 grams or 4 ounces)
- 4 small Liver sausages (about 100 grams or 4 ounces)
- 150 milliliters Sauerkraut juice
- 150 grams Sauerkraut (prepared)
- 100 milliliters Whipped cream
- freshly ground peppers
- 20 grams cold butter
- 2 sprigs marjoram
How healthy are the main ingredients?potatoSauerkrautWhipped creammarjoramonionJuniper berries
Peel and dice potatoes and onions. Boil with spices and broth and let simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
Cook sausages in a pan of boiling salted water, reduce heat and cook sausages for about 10 minutes.
Do not let water boil or sausages will burst.
Remove spices from broth. Puree broth and add sauerkraut and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in pieces of cold butter to thicken.
Rinse marjoram, shake dry, pluck off leaves, and add to sauce.
Serve sausages with sauce and mashed potatoes, as desired.