Green Bean Salad
7,8 / 10
ready in 25 min.
- 16 ozs fresh Green beans (rinsed and ends trimmed)
- ⅔ cup thick-cut Bacon (cut in 1/4-inch pieces)
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 large tomatoes (rinsed; trimmed and cut into a small dice)
- 1 handful fresh parsley (leaves finely chopped)
Blanch the green beans, in a large pot of salted boiling water for about 4 minutes, or until the beans are tender-crisp. Drain the beans in a colander and plunge in a bowl of ice water, to stop the cooking process. Drain well and place in a large mixing bowl.
In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
Add the bacon, onion, tomatoes and parsley to the green beans. Gently tossing to incorporate.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the mustard, hot water, sugar, and lemon. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk to emulsify.
When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over the salad and toss gently. Serve.