Fried Veggie Wrappers with Dip
ready in 30 min.
- 4 cups vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
- 2 cups Bean sprout
- 2 carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1 onion (finely sliced)
- 1 red pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 yellow pepper (thinly sliced)
- cilantro (chopped)
- 2 Tbsps dark soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps Rice wine vinegar
- 8 Spring roll dough sheet (kept under a damp cloth)
- 1 large egg white
- ⅔ cup sweet Chili sauce (to serve)
How healthy are the main ingredients?Bean sproutsoy saucecarrotonion
Flip the spring rolls halfway through deep-frying to brown evenly all over.
Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan to 180°C|350F.
Toss together the vegetables and coriander with the soy sauce and vinegar in a mixing bowl.
Working one by one, brush the edges of the spring rolls wrappers with a little beaten egg white. Arrange the vegetable mixture in the centre of the wrappers. Bring the edges over the filling and wrap tightly to secure.
Deep-fry, in batches, until golden-brown and crisp; 3 - 4 minutes.
Drain on kitchen paper and serve with the sweet chilli sauce for dipping.