Fish with Herbs
- 2 fish fillets (to taste)
- 4 slices white bread (day-old, processed into crumbs)
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons Pastry flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Dill (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 red Apple
- 1 chile pepper (cut into thin rings)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger (finely grated)
- 2 scallions (cut into thin rings)
- Dill (for garnishing)
Mix dill, parsley and white breadcrumbs.
Rinse and pat dry fish fillets, cut into thirds and season with salt and pepper. Coat with flour and dip into beaten egg. Coat with herbs.
Heat oil gently in a pan and cook fish for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Rinse and core apple, cut into thin rings. Heat butter in a pan and saute apple rings for a few minutes. Add chile pepper and honey and mix well. Deglaze pan with apple and lemon juice. Add ginger and simmer for about 1 minute. Arrange fish on plates and pour sauce over it. Garnish with dill and serve.