Fennel Salad with Shrimp and Orange
ready in 1 hr 16 min.
- 16 ounces large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 2 Fennel bulb (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Orange peel
- 1 Orange (segmented)
- ¼ cup Pine nuts (toasted)
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- fresh thyme sprig
- 2 tablespoons fresh Sage
Preheat grill to high. Add shrimp, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a resealable bag. Seal bag and shake gently to mix until well coated. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Let shrimp come to room temperature before cooking.
In a large mixing bowl add fennel, orange peel, orange segments, pignoli nuts, grapeseed oil and vinegar; toss to combine. Season salad well with salt and pepper, add thyme sprigs and sage, and set aside.
Place shrimp on the grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until completely opaque.
Spoon a portion of the fennel salad onto a plate and top with shrimp. Rearrange herbs as garnish, if desired, to serve.