Deep-fried Tempura Seafood and Vegetables
- 2 zucchini
- 400 grams shrimp (ready to cook, deveined and peeled down to tail segment)
- 400 grams Squid ring
- 150 grams Rice flour (And possibly some rice flour for dusting)
- 2 egg whites
- 150 milliliters ice cold water
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Dip as desired (such as soy sauce, fish sauce, chile sauce, etc.)
Rinse zucchini, trim and cut into 0.5 cm (approximately 1/5 inch) thick slices.
Rinse shrimp and squid rings and pat dry (possibly sprinkle with some rice flour).
For tempura batter, mix rice flour in a bowl with ice cold water and egg whites and let rest for at least 20 minutes.
Heat oil to 180°C (approximately 350°F) (bubbles will form on a submerged wooden spoon when ready). Cover zucchini and seafood with batter and deep fry in the hot oil in portions until golden brown. Drain and let rest on paper towels.
Serve to taste with various dips.