6,1 / 10
ready in 35 min.
- 4 handfuls Baby spinach
- 2 rounds Camembert chilled (225 g | 8 oz each)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Garlic salt
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 2 fresh eggs (lightly beaten)
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 cups Peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup jellied Cranberry sauce
- 8 edible Violet
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar (for sprinkling)
Rinse the spinach leaves and spin dry. Set aside.
Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter and your fingers, cut out and shape 4 Camembert hearts.
In a shallow baking dish. season the flour with garlic salt and pepper. Coat the cheese hearts with seasoned flour.
In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Dip the flour coated hearts in the egg wash; drain and coat in breadcrumbs. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to fry.
Heat oil to 350º F. Deep-fry Camembert hearts one at a time until golden brown and crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Heat the cranberry sauce in a small sauce pan over medium heat, until warmed through and syrupy.
Drizzle violet blossoms with lemon juice and sprinkle with sugar.
Divide baby spinach greens among 4 plates. Drizzle with warm cranberry sauce. Arrange a Camembert heart on top of the greens and decorate with sugared violets. Serve.