- 1 small Onion
- 9 starchy Potatoes (450 grams)
- 1 sour Apple (150 grams)
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower oil
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 generous pinch Chili powder
- 2 tablespoons yellow Curry paste (30 grams)
- 600 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 100 grams Beet (cooked)
- 2 sprigs Cilantro
- 100 milliliters unfiltered Apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 100 grams Sour cream
Peel onion and chop finely. Peel the potatoes and apple. Cut potatoes into cubes. Halve apple, remove the core and cut into cubes.
Heat oil in a pot. Cook onion until soft over medium heat. Add potato and apple cubes, sprinkle with turmeric and chile powder and stir in curry paste. Pour in vegetable broth and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile grate beet finely. Rinse cilantro, shake dry and pluck leaves.
Puree the soup, add apple juice and season with salt and lime juice. Fill 4 bowls, place 1 dollop of sour cream in the center of each and garnish with beet and cilantro.