Curried Soup Bowl
- 3 red chile peppers (deseeded and roughly chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- fresh ginger (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 4 shallots (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 Coriander (cilantro)
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1 ⅔ cups Coconut milk
- 1 ⅔ cups chicken stock
- 1 stalk Lemongrass
- 3 Chicken breasts (skinned and cut into strips)
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 handful baby Spinach (chopped)
- 5 ounces Rice noodles (soaked according to packet instructions coated with a little oil)
- 2 Limes (juiced)
- Lime leaves (to garnish)
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
Place the chilli peppers, garlic, ginger, shallots, turmeric, coriander root and oil in a food processor and pulse to make a fine paste.
Heat a large pan and gently fry the paste for 2 minutes, stirring all the time to prevent it burning.
Add the coconut milk, chicken stock and lemongrass, bring to a boil then add the chicken, fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Add the spinach, noodles and lime juice, cook for 1 more minutes then serve garnished with lime leaves and coriander.