Citrus Rice with Shrimp
ready in 45 min.
- 1 Leek (white and pale green part only, halved and finely sliced)
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 cups Risotto
- ⅞ cup dry white wine
- 1 unwaxed lemon (juice and zest)
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 ½ cups King prawn (deveined, and peeled apart from the tail)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 Tbsps butter
- Chili powder
- 2 Tbsps freshly chopped parsley
- 3 Tbsps freshly shaved Parmesan
Fry the leek in hot oil in a pan. Add the rice, fry briefly and deglaze with the wine. Bring to the boil, add the lemon juice and zest and add a little stock.
Cook the rice over moderate heat, stirring continually. Keep adding stock, a little at a time, and allow it be absorbed by the rice. Continue in this way until the rice is creamy and still has a slight bite to it (approx. 20 minutes).
Fry the prawns and garlic in 1 tbsp of hot butter for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and chilli powder.
Stir the remaining butter, parsley and parmesan through the risotto and season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Divide the risotto between plates, top with the prawns and serve.