Chicken Spring Rolls with Chile Dip
- 16 Spring roll dough sheet (for spring rolls, frozen, about 20 cm length)
- For chile dip
- 1 red chile pepper (halved, seeded and finely chopped)
- 40 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Rice vinegar
- For the filling
- 3 scallions (trimmed and finely chopped)
- 3 garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 green chile pepper (halved, seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 sprig Lemongrass (trimmed and finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons grated Lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons Shrimp paste
- 4 tablespoons soybean oil
- 500 grams Chicken breasts (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- freshly ground peppers
- Frying oil
Thaw the dough sheets separately.
For the chile dip, boil the sugar in about 3 tablespoons of water in a small pan and simmer until a clear syrup is formed. Stir in the chile pepper, rice vinegar and salt, and let cool.
For the filling, mix together the scallions, garlic, lemongrass, chile pepper, lemon zest and shrimp paste. Fry the mixture in soybean oil in a hot wok and stir in the chicken breast. Fry the chicken breast until crumbly and stir in the fish sauce, sugar, soy sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
Spread the filling over the dough sheets, fold the ends and roll up. Fry the rolls in hot oil for about 3-4 minutes until light golden. Serve the fried rolls with chile dip.