ready in 1 hr 35 min.
- ¾ oz Yeast
- ¾ Tbsp Dried yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 2 ⅔ cups waxy potatoes (cut into 3-4 mm thick slices)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (chopped and finely ground with a pinch of salt)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1.333 cups Sour cream
- 1 tsp Caraway
- all-purpose flour (for working the dough)
- 2 Red onions (halved and sliced)
- 1 cup smoked Bacon (finely sliced)
For the dough, stir the yeast with the sugar and 200 ml lukewarm water until dissolved. Add the flour, 2 tbsp oil and the salt and knead to form a smooth dough, varying the amount of flour if necessary. Cover and leave in a warm place for around 30 minutes to rise.
Boil the potatoes in salted water for around 10 minutes until nearly cooked. Drain well. Mix the garlic with the egg yolks, sour cream and caraway, and season with salt and ground black pepper.
Preheat the oven to 230°C (210°C in a fan oven), 425°F, gas 7 and line baking trays with grease-proof paper.
Divide the dough into four portions, knead well on a floured surface and roll each portion into a thin circle. Place on the baking trays. Spread with the sour cream mixture, leaving a narrow edge free.
Top with the potatoes, onions and bacon, and bake in the oven for around 15 minutes until golden brown.