- 2 Tbsps Oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 red Bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 green Bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow Bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 canned, chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1.333 cups vegetable stock
- freshly ground peppers
- 1 can Kidney beans (drained)
Heat the oven to 190°C (170° fan) 375°F gas 5.
Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole dish and fry the onion and garlic together with the chilli and cumin, until the onions are softening.
Add the peppers and cook for 5 minutes, stirring all the time. Add the tomatoes, purée and stock and bring to a boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cover and cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes until piping hot. Add the kidney beans for the last 10 minutes of the cooking time.
Garnish with soured cream sprinkled with cinnamon just before serving.