Veg Bisque with Shrimp
88 / 100
ready in 1 hr 15 min.
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- 8 giant Prawn (peeled, leaving the shell on the tail segment, and deveined)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 bay leaf (leaf)
- 1 pc candied Lemon peel
- 3.333 cups Cauliflower (cut into bite-sized florets)
- ⅜ cup cream (at least 30% fat content)
- ¼ cup Crème fraiche
- 1 splash lemon juice
- crushed Red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp Tarragon (fresh, chopped)
- To garnish
- Tarragon (leaves)
Heat 2 tbsp oil and fry the prawn shells, onion and garlic for 2 - 3 minutes. Add 800 ml water. Add the bay leaf and lemon peel and simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
Pour the fish stock through a sieve into a pan and bring to the boil. Add the cauliflower and simmer for about 15 minutes until done. Remove a few florets from the soup after about 10 minutes, pat dry and fry in a non-stick pan with the prawns for 2 - 3 minutes in the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and chilli flakes.
Remove the soup from the heat and add the cream and creme fraiche. Puree the soup finely (or pass through a sieve if preferred). Season with lemon juice, salt and ground black pepper.
Pour the soup into bowls. Mix the prawns and cauliflower with the tarragon and add to the soup. Garnish with tarragon leaves to serve.